Procedures for Media Center Use
SCHEDULING CLASS USE OF THE MEDIA CENTER & COMPUTER LAB
- The Media Center will be used on a first-come first-serve basis. However, there are special circumstances that may sometimes force us to change your plans.
- A calendar is kept at the circulation desk for teachers to schedule the Media Center for class use.
- Please let the media center staff know what your plans are so that we can be prepared for your class visit.
- Please DO NOT schedule to use the Media Center with a substitute teacher. You know what you want to accomplish with your students during their visit to the Media Center better than a substitute would.
SMALL GROUP & INDIVIDUAL STUDENT USE OF THE MEDIA CENTER
- Please DO NOT send more than 4 students at a time to the media center in a small group. Please write a “HALL PASS” for these students. Please include students’ names, date & time.
USE OF LIBRARY MATERIALS
- PLEASE take the time to checkout all library materials that you want to use in your classroom.
- You can keep library materials as long as you need them… but PLEASE return them as soon as you have finished with them.
- Textbooks will be checked out to students through the Media Center. You need to schedule your classes on the “Textbook Checkout Calendar” located at the Circulation Desk. You must stick to the scheduled times you select for textbook checkout.
- If students still have textbooks out from the previous school year…they must clear the obligation before textbooks are checked out to them this year.
- When students drop your class…Please DO NOT take their textbooks. Students should return them to the Media Center.
- Please DO NOT allow students leave their textbooks in your classroom.
- After textbooks have been checked out to all students…I can give you a list of books checked out to students so that you can have book checks throughout the school year.
- Please use one of the 6 Lexmark the copy machines at your convenience.
- If the copy machine jams….PLEASE call Mrs. Heard or Ms. Harris to clear the machine.
- AV equipment such as SmartBoards, overhead projectors, CD Players, etc. that are checked out for the entire year are given out on a first-come/first-serve basis. Give your request to Mrs. Heard.
- Check with Mrs. Heard if you need some of the common office supplies (tape, staples, paper clips, chalk, projector bulbs, etc.). Some supplies we are able to keep on hand….some have to be ordered through the finance office with approval by the principal. See Mrs. Heard for your requests.